The Grauer School's Battle of the Bands
Six student and faculty bands competed in "The Battle of The Bands" on Thursday, December 6 at The Grauer School. The competitors were:
- Insomnia Beach Club - Selah, Sara, Mo, Jake Kelsoe
- Guitaerobics - Keegan, Will B., Cooper, Zach, Jake Kelsoe
- Happy Dads with Happy Sandals - Rhian, Kiana, Francesca, Zach, Ivy, Cooper
- Doc Jones & The Dislocated Organs - Julia, Lucy, Sophia C.
- Solution - Tyler, Bennett, Liam Murphy
- The Roadhouse Boys - Kevin, Case, Jake P., Erik
After the performances, students and faculty voted for their favorites. Congratulations to the following award-winners:
- Most Original, Best Stage Presence - The Roadhouse Boys
- Outstanding Vocals - Kiana
- Outstanding Bass - Cooper
- Outstanding Drums - Sophia C.
- Outstanding Guitar - Tyler
- Outstanding Keyboard - Zach
- Best Band Name - "Happy Dads with Happy Sandals"
- Top 2 Bands - "Guitaerobics", and "Happy Dads with Happy Sandals"
The top 2 bands competed at the weekly assembly on Tuesday, December 11, and "Guitaerobics" won the honor of being the best band at Grauer! Thanks to Isaac Langen, Tom Hopper, and Jake Kelsoe in our Performing Arts Department for presenting this fun competition for our students!
This week, Dr. Grauer invites you to go far out into nature in a vivid and immersive short read, long on implications.
This week, sit in on a Grauer School faculty meeting as Dr. Grauer workshops teachers on a great life passion: “Getting outside!”
Holiday Greetings from The Grauer School! We hope you enjoy viewing our Grauer Holiday video, and we wish you a beautiful and happy holiday season.
The Grauer School's students, staff, and alumni came together for a Beam Signing Celebration on Wednesday, December 19. Everyone climbed a ladder to sign the large beam on the front of The Justice Center.
Is your child self-driven and in charge of their own lives? This week's column gives some important advice for parents who want to set their children on a path towards being responsible for getting their work done, without nagging, arguing, and constant reminders.
Congratulations to Grauer's Middle School Robotics team, the Grauer GorilLegos #3195, for competing in the First Lego League (FLL) SoCal Regional Tournament at Legoland on Saturday, December 8.