We’ve seen our daughter grow in confidence, intellectually and creatively and personally. We know much of this growth is due to the supportive, creative, honest, open, and productive space that Grauer provides.
-Kristi and Rich M., Grauer Parents
At The Grauer School, we provide a learning environment that encourages students to develop into resourceful, humanitarian, and courageous individuals who understand their responsibilities in society, both globally and locally. Successful Grauer students balance scholarship with the deep pursuit of personal passions.
We have many specific qualities that help us evaluate candidates. However, in general, we are looking for students who are:
- Intrinsically motivated and enjoy learning for learning’s sake
- Respectful and caring at heart, and humanitarian in spirit (Grauer is a clique-free zone!)
- Independent, with diverse passions that will enrich the Grauer community and/or larger communities
- Willing to contribute and mentor across groups and age/grade levels
- Committed to success in our rigorous, college-preparatory program
- Interested much more in developing a personal path than in GPA or college rank and status
- And, the three most important of all... kindness, kindness, and kindness