Above Nav Container

Utility Container

Search Trigger (Container)

Button (Container)

Button 2 (Container)

Mobile Menu Trigger (container)

Off Canvas Navigation Container

Close Trigger (container)


International Applications

Welcome  Bienvenidos  Bienvenue  Herzlich Willkommen  Bem-Vindos

At The Grauer School, we welcome international applicants, and recognize that international students contribute substantially to the culture of our school. The Grauer School issues the I-20 to those students who are accepted.

Grauer Tuition and Fees for International Students

Current Tuition for the 2019/20 School Year for International Students:

Grades 7-11 $35,450
Grade 12 $38,345

Annual Enrollment Fees: $2,645

Tuition covers all academic, athletic and arts programs, along with most field trips, comprehensive college placement counseling, and our twice-annual, week-long Expeditionary Learning program. Tuition does not include lunch or transportation to or from school. Please note that tuition is subject to change.

To apply for the 2020-2021 academic year, please submit an international application and provide a non-refundable application fee of $150. For all other inquiries or questions, please submit an Admissions Inquiry Form.

Admissions Inquiry Form

International Student FAQ

How can I arrange a homestay for my international student?

The Grauer School does not provide homestays for our international students. Families should make all homestay arrangements privately. However, we are happy to offer suggestions for how to find a homestay within our community.

Who can be a legal guardian? How can I submit proof of legal guardianship?

A guardian should be a relative or friend, over the age of 25, who is designated as the official guardian in a letter signed by both parents. The guardianship letter should include full name, address, phone numbers, and email address of the guardian. Proof of guardianship should be submitted to the school prior to the first day of classes.

Is proof of medical insurance required for international students?

Yes. Although proof of medical insurance is not required for an F1 Visa, it is a requirement of The Grauer School that all students have medical coverage during their enrollment at the school, even during school breaks. Healthcare in the US may be very different from what our international students are accustomed to, and the costs associated with a serious injury or illness can be catastrophic for a family. It is important that families protect themselves financially. Most of our international students secure health insurance through ISOA. Proof of medical insurance must be submitted annually, before the first day of classes.

Is proof of immunizations required for international students?

The Grauer School abides by the laws of the State of California with regard to immunization of students. Proof of immunization must be submitted before the first day of classes. For a list of vaccines needed to attend school in California, please download this form. If immunizations are not advisable because of a medical condition, an official statement from a licensed medical doctor must be sent to the school.

Are English Language Assessment scores required?

Although The Grauer School does not require English Language testing, applicants who submit results will be given priority in our admissions process. These scores help us to provide the best placement and support services for our international students.

For additional inquiries and questions, please contact Olivia Kleinrath and Jillian Bourdon through email at international@grauerschool.com.

Learn more about our Academics
Check out the campus life at Grauer