The Grauer School is extremely welcoming and grateful to any parent, grandparent, and/or alumnus that volunteers their valuable time to help educate and enrich the lives of our students. Below are a few of the ways you can volunteer at the Grauer School.
- Gala Committee (Attend the first Spring Gala meeting to sign up for a variety of positions, e.g. decorations, auction committee, pre-Gala wine event, etc.)
- Parent Association (Plan events and support students and teachers with this great leadership board opportunity.)
- Advancement Committee (Help the Advancement team with upcoming advancement projects.)
- Green Grauer (Gardening, recycling, farm-to-table, etc.)
- Annual Fund Contact (Contact parents and community members regarding participation in the Annual Fund.)
- New Family Welcome Committee (Help answer questions and guide new families as they embark on their Grauer adventure!)
- Social Event Host at Home (Open your home to small Grauer School gatherings.)
- Community Service (Collaborate with our Community Service Coordinator Jessi Young to encourage students to volunteer in our community.)
- Computer/Technology (Have technology expertise? Help students and teachers use new technology.)
- Grandparent luncheon (Prepare and serve food to Grauer grandparents the week of Thanksgiving.)
- International Student Host Family
- Office/Clerical (Help in the front office with general clerical tasks.)
- Open House Ambassador (Lead tours and meet/greet prospective families.)
- Picture Day (Assist office with coordinating class and individual pictures.)
- Admissions Outreach (Advocate for the Grauer School’s Admissions Team.)
- Room Parent (Usually, two parents per grade act as PA liaison with homeroom teacher. Consult with homeroom teacher about the needs of the class, send emails to parents, organize chaperones and class parties as needed, e.g. graduation events.)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (Distribute food, flowers, and other gifts of to the teachers, staff, and administration.)
- Test Week Snack Table (During standardized testing days, set up and supervise a healthy snacks table for the students.)
- Science Fair Judges
- Light Construction Work/Fix-It/Handiwork
Do you have any special skills or knowledge you would like to share with our students? Do you have other ideas for ways to volunteer? Please let us know!
If you’d like to receive more information or sign up to volunteer, please contact Traci Kitaoka at 760-274-2115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.