The Grauer School is extremely welcoming and grateful to any parent, grandparent, and/or alumnus that volunteers their valuable time to help educate and enrich the lives of our students. Below are a few of the ways you can volunteer at the Grauer School.
- Room Parent (Usually, two parents per grade act as PA liaison with homeroom teacher. Consult with homeroom teacher about the needs of the class, send emails to parents, organize chaperones and class parties as needed, e.g. graduation events.)
- Annual Fund Contact (Contact parents and community members regarding participation in the Annual Fund.)
- Spring Gala (Attend the first Spring Gala meeting to sign up for a variety of positions, e.g. decorations, auction committee, pre-Gala wine event, etc.)
- Grandparent luncheon (Prepare and serve food to Grauer grandparents the week of Thanksgiving.)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (Distribute food, flowers, and other gifts of to the teachers, staff, and administration.)
- Test Week Snack Table (During standardized testing days, set up and supervise a healthy snacks table for the students.)
- Picture Day (Assist office with coordinating class and individual pictures.)
- eScrip Coordinator (Tracy in the front office will teach you how to get families signed up.)
- Back to School Social (Help organize an evening of wine, cheese, and music for parents to meet up with old and new friends.)
- Admissions outreach (Host “teas” for prospective families at your home.)
- Open House Ambassador (Lead tours and meet/greet prospective families.)
- Green Grauer (Gardening, recycling, farming, etc.)
Do you have any special skills or knowledge you would like to share with our students? Do you have other ideas for ways to volunteer? Please let us know!
If you’d like to receive more information or sign up to volunteer, please contact our Development Director Chela Gonzales at 760-274-2115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.