The Grauer School has a variety of programs for students who need extra support and can benefit from close mentoring and monitoring.
• 3 – 5 Homework Program This afterschool study hall provides a supervised space where students can complete homework with a teacher on-hand who can answer homework questions and check homework books for completeness. The program is offered Mon. – Thurs. from 3:10 pm to 5:00 pm.
• Daily Checkout Program Immediately after school, students come to the Learning Lab and a teacher personally checks their homework book for completeness. Mon. – Fri., 3:00 pm – 3:15 pm.
• Educational Mentoring This unique program is available to all students at The Grauer School who desire private mentoring and/or educational and organizational assistance. This is open to full-time Grauer School students ONLY, and enrollment is limited.
The mentoring program is specially designed to meet a student’s needs and typically focuses on organization, study skills, and educational gaps. With that said, equally important social, homework, and tutoring issues may be addressed. The emphasis is based on family requests, teacher recommendations and standardized test scores. Mentoring placement is one-on-one pending mentor availability and student schedule. “Ed Mentoring” sessions are scheduled during a student’s “free” period during the school day. Availability for afterschool mentoring is limited.
• The Learning Lab This is a closely monitored tutoring and study skills lab with a ratio of three students per teacher and a maximum of six students per session. Each enrolled student will have a program plan outlining goals and areas for skill development. Program resources include academic skill and concept supports and study skill development including: homework book usage, project planning, and portfolio development. Perhaps most exciting is access to an individualized math remediation program “ERB Pathways to Math” created by our standardized test service and targeting your child’s growth areas as demonstrated by the prior year’s test scores. Lab sessions are scheduled during a student’s “free” period during the school day or afterschool from 3:10 pm – 4:00 pm.
• One-on-One classes A faculty member teaches your child individually. See Independent Studies page.
• Socratic Seminar Program Half-size classes (three to six students) with enriched curriculum and/or self-paced study in a small, supportive group setting.
• Tutoring The Grauer School offers after-school tutoring sessions in specific subject areas and SAT review. This service is available to non-Grauer School students as well. $60 per hour on campus; $30 per hour off campus or on weekends. Notification of cancellation must be received at least 24 hours in advance with an acceptable and legitimate excuse, or will be subject to full charge. (Prices subject to change.)
How to Enroll
For further information about the 3-5 Homework Program, the Daily Checkout Program, Educational Mentoring, or The Learning Lab, please contact Patricia Young (email@example.com) or click here to download the enrollment application.
For further information about the Independent Studies, Roundtable, or Tutoring, please contact Clayton Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org).