Student Support: Grauer Mentoring
The Grauer School has a variety of programs for students who need extra support and can benefit from close mentoring and monitoring. (Prices subject to change.)
• 3 – 5 Homework Program. Closely monitored study hall for students to complete homework with teacher supervision and assistance. Students receive help with skill and concept building, homework check, and determining gaps in study habits. Maximum of eight students. $1715/semester for 4 day/week program. Alternate options available.
• Daily Checkout Program. A teacher personally checks your child’s homework daily, and notifies parents and teachers about his or her academic progress. $1040 per semester.
• Educational Mentoring: The Grauer School advances close, mentoring relationships. Private or semi-private mentoring and/or educational and organizational assistance. The program helps students fill achievement gaps and with social, organizational, attention and homework issues. Mentors evaluate a student’s skills and habits to design an individualized program to help them succeed. Mentoring typically takes place during a student’s break in the school day. Two, 50-minute, one-on-one or two-on-one sessions per week, $2,340 per semester. Four, 50-minute one-on-one or two-on-one sessions per week, $4,640 per semester.
• The Learning Lab: This is a closely monitored tutoring and study skills lab with a ratio of three students per teacher and a maximum of six students per session. Each enrolled student will have a program plan outlining goals and areas for skill development. Program resources include: access to two teachers with specialties in different content areas, academic skill and concept supports, and study skill development including homework book usage, project planning, and portfolio development. Perhaps most exciting is access to an individualized math remediation program “ERB Pathways to Math” created by our standardized test service and targeting your child’s growth areas as demonstrated by the prior year’s test scores. Lab sessions are scheduled during a student’s “free” period during the school day or after school from 3:10 pm – 4:00 pm. Two, 50-minute, small group sessions per week, $1,755 per semester. Four, 50-minute or two, 100-minute small group sessions per week, $3,480 per semester.
• One-on-one classes. A faculty member teaches your child individually. Humanities courses are $1,675 per semester and typically take 30 sessions. Mathematics courses are $1,975 per semester and typically take 35 sessions. Science courses are $2,275 per semester and typically take 42 sessions (including labs). Students are responsible for finishing the course within the prescribed number of sessions noted above. Parents will be notified if additional sessions will be needed for a student to complete the course. Additional sessions to complete the class are $75 per session.
• Roundtable: Half-size classes (three to six students) with enriched curriculum and/or self-paced study in a small, supportive group setting. Single courses are $1,080 per semester. Multiple courses are $2,160. Call the admissions office for specific pricing.
• Tutoring. The Grauer School offers after-school tutoring sessions in specific subject areas and SAT review. This service is available to non-Grauer School students as well. $55 per hour on campus; $30 per hour off campus or on weekends. Notification of cancellation must be received at least 24 hours in advance with an acceptable and legitimate excuse, or will be subject to full charge.